Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Lots of learning!

SO this week was pretty cool! On Tuesday we had a Multi Zone conference with a lot of other missionaries! It was awesome. All the Zone leaders gave lessons and then President and Soeur Bize gave a lesson on obedience. I learned alot! 

  So I never told my mom, but I've wrecked on my bike 3 times since I've been here. Nothing to major, just my pride, but this time I landed on my elbow (picture below). It doesn't look to bad but it hurts like crazy!

Thursday and Friday, I was sick so we weren't able to get a whole lot done....Then Saturday was really cool, We had two general authorities come down to speak to us. There was Elder Pearson from the seventy and also Elder Lynn G. Robbins! I learned so much from them! Their talks were awesome! One thing that Elder Robbins said is that "Behind every conversion story, there is a miracle"! Such a cool quote.... 

This week we've been tryibg to help one of our investigators get baptized. His name is Angelo and he's been working really hard to prepare himself and he passed the baptismal interview last week so his baptism will be this Saturday! I'm really excited for him! 

We also have been working with a couple named Taaroa and Bertie. They are so ready for baptism, they just have to get married first. However the problem is that Tahitians LOVE picking special dates for another special event. They want to get married on their sons birthday in December. They want enough time to prepare themselves. We are trying to help them see that they are prepared now to get baptized if they just get married. 

Well that's about it for this week! I would just like to finish my email by thanking my family! I'm so grateful for them and all that they do. I love them all so much and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the blessing they are in my life! I love you all so much! Have a good week!

Love,
Elder Porter
My elbow took the brunt of my most recent bike wreck.
Me and Elder Heno at our ward building in Pira'e. 
Me standing in front of our ward bulletin board trying to look contemplative!
The ward building in Pira'e.  The building design is so different from anything back in Arizona. This one is two stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment