Tuesday, November 10, 2015

I will follow Him....

Hey Everyone. So my email is going to be short this week because not a lot happened. 

Both Tuesday and Wednesday I was really sick. We were basically home for like 3 days in a row. It was so boring! I hated being sick! 

On Thursday we were able to do 2 or 3 lessons. Elder Fuller and I taught English class together. We talked about directions and prepositions. It was a lot of fun. At the end, Elder Fuller and I blind folded ourselves and the students had to guide us around a maze of chairs to find a piece of chalk. It was awesome! 

We did a lesson with the Moux family also. It was cool and Thierry (the dad) knew I was sick so he decided to cure me the "Tahitian" way. He prepared a concoction of Nono purée. Nono or Noni or cheese fruit is very gross fruit. You let it rot in the sun for awhile and then you eat it. It smells and tastes like death. But it actually helped a lot. 

On Friday, while we were at our district meeting. Someone came to our house, cut our chains and stole our bikes! It was very thoughtful of them. So we had to go to the cops to give them a report and that took like 3 hours. It was an interesting day.

On Saturday, we had the baptism of a excommunicated member. He's been waiting for awhile to get baptized it it finally happened on Saturday. It was a great experience.

We had 4 investigators at church this last Sunday​ but they all left after sacrament meeting. But church was still really good! 

Fun Fact, our mission is participating in a christmas concert next month. And If i'm not mistaken its with other choirs from Tahiti. So at one point it'll be just missionaries singing and other times it will be the other choirs singing, but, ALL the choirs are singing one song together, "I Will Follow Him" from the movie Sister Act (with Whoopi Goldberg). How cool is that? I'm so excited! Google the video of the scene in the movie where they sing "I will follow him" and you'll get a little idea of what is coming!

I love you all! Have a good week.

Love,
Elder Porter 

Picture of the brownies I made. (Thanks mom for sending them for my bday!)


Our poor, lonely bike chains laying on the ground after our bikes got stolen...


My beloved elder Hughes went home this week. I will miss him. He's the one wearing the suit coat. And I'm super sorry (mom) that I didn't smile in the picture. I promise to keep trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment