Saturday, February 13, 2016

Humility

Hey Everyone!! Hows it goin?! So this week was awesome. It was a lot of hard work!! 

Last Monday, we had a FHE with the Assisstants and some of their investigators. Its a couple and they're getting married this Saturday and then the husband will be baptized. The ward has been awesome these last couple of weeks. Between us and the Assistants, we have gotten a baptism a week. The ward is the best in the mission for baptisms and member references. Its awesome working here!

We started teaching David and Heimiti. David is an inactive member and Heimiti is his girlfriend. They have been living together for like 4 months now. David wants to get married and he wants to return to church and Heimiti agreed to meet with us. It was a little difficult at first. She was pretty scared of us. Half of the lesson was silence because we'd ask a question and she would just sit there. But we finally broke through and made her laugh and its going to be better now.

We've been teaching a young kid named Junior. He's really smart and he wants to be baptized next Saturday! He understands the lessons very well. This week we have to talk with his parents to make sure they're okay with it. 

Saturday, we had the baptism of Skyano and Madeleine his mom. His mother had been excommunicated, but thankfully has come back to the church. They got baptized together. It was an amazing service. The Spirit was very strong and it was very peaceful. It was cool to be a part of that special moment for this family.

This week I learned the importance of being humble. I've learned that Heavenly Father sometimes gives us trials because he wants us to grow closer to him. I noticed that when I was the most humble, the Spirit was stronger as I spoke; I felt more guided in my words. I guess when we are humble we sacrifice our will for His will so that our actions are His actions and our words, His words. I'm praying with all my heart to continue to always let His will guide me!



​ I love you all! Have a good week!!!​

Elder Cole Porter
Madeleine and Skyano's baptism







No comments:

Post a Comment