Tuesday, June 28, 2016

59 days left.

I have 59 days left here in Tahiti!! I can't believe it. I get home on August 19th and then I start school at BYU on August 24 or 26th!! I got my schedule already from BYU. I'm a little bummed because I wanted to major in Medical Laboratory Sciences and minor in French and Biblical Hebrew, but they won't let me take two languages!! My mom says I should do French because I know it so well now, but I like the challenge of Biblical Hebrew. Any opinions??? 

It's rainy again here in Tahiti....like always. This week was pretty interesting.

On Friday, we had a mission conference with some general authorities. Elder Pearson of the First Quorum of the Seventy, Sis Reeves and Sis McConkie from the Relief Society and Primary general boards and their spouses. They gave some pretty cool messages. I learned a lot. 

On Friday, I went on a split in Papara with Elder Chion Hock. He's from the Reunion Islands. There was some baptismal interviews in Papara that I had to do. They were for a mother and her 12 yr old son. I was very touched while talking with them because I realized that Heavenly Father really does prepare people. They met the missionaries, accepted the lessons, and changed their lives in about 2 months. They have strong testimonies and strong desires to obey. 

Later, During the split, we went to go eat with a part member family who were super nice. The food was very good but we ran into a little problem as were leaving. Our truck got stuck in the mud, on a steep incline! It took a lot of pushing from the other men and very skillful driving on my part to get us out of there. The other elder Chion Hock and the ward member we had brought with us enjoyed themselves very much!!! They've never been quadding or off-roading, so this was the closest thing to it for them!! Haha. It was a fun little adventure. 

We found a cool new investigator this week. His name is Puahea. We found him one day as we were tracting. We gave him a brochure and he read it. He has a lot of good questions and he understands very well. He's a Sanito (member of the RLDS religion) but doesn't know much about his own church, nor of Joseph Smith. I'm very excited to see how he progresses this week. 

Anyways, thats about it. I love you all! Have a good week! 
Elder Cole Porter

Rain anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment