Monday, February 9, 2015

Feed my sheep

Hey Everybody!!! Hows it goin!!? All's well here in Faaripo!
 
This week has been awesome!! We were pretty busy and we did a lot of service! We teach this really young couple. The boyfriend is inactive and his girlfriend is not a member. Our goal this week was to invite them soon to get married because they have a young son. They're planning on next year but this week we're going to invite them to get married in March!
 
I went to the Tahiti temple for the first time too! I could pretty much understand all that was said. I only messed up a couple times! It's so beautiful in there! And then on the way back I ate Mcdonalds. It's the only fast food in Tahiti and its so expensive!
 
We did a lot of service on Saturday. We built a brick wall and placed wood pièces on their house. It was so hot! but it was a good experience!
 
I gave a 15 minute talk yesterday in Church. I was actually able to say pretty much all that I wanted to say. It was a miracle. Then I played the piano for a special musical number. I guess my mom was right about knowing how to play the piano coming in handy on my mission.
 
While preparing for my talk I learned a lot about the importance of member missionary work. When we were baptized we covenanted to follow all of Christs commandments and in Matthew we learn that the first and great commandment is to love the Lord thy God! And as Christ asked Peter " Simon, do you love me?" to which peter and all of us respond "YES" To which Christ directs "Then Feed My Sheep"...that is our task as members, to teach all nations. 

 
​i Love you all!!! Have a prodigious week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment