Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A normal week!

This week was just pretty normal. Nothing too exciting happened. The weather calmed down a bit and I got my bike back so I'm a happy boy! 
 
School just ended here so all the parents were really busy this week and there was a big party on Friday that everyone goes to. Lessons here are going to drop soon because the vacation has started and basically everyone leaves the island. People go to Tahiti or other islands, some go to different parts of Rangiroa to collect coconuts, and some just want to stop lessons because its vacation...Its already starting to happen but it will get worse in July. 
 
 We did our last lesson with the adventist man yesterday. It went well but we decided it was the last time we were gonna go there. His wife gave the closing prayer and it was addressed to us. She prayed that we would see the light and that we would repent and become adventist . They laughed about it afterwards and they joked about how we were gonna get baptized. I gave a polite chuckle but in my head I was like "HA! yeah right! Maybe in...never!" they don't  understand that for me to change and deny what I know...I'd have to deny who I am and deny basically everything I know to be true. I laughed but I didn't think it was funny. We work hard to help these people and we want to see results now,  but sometimes we just got to let them go till they are ready. 

I love you all and I hope you all have a good week.

Love, elder Porter

Me, at the marina
My comp, Elder Palombo
A stormy day at the marina




No comments:

Post a Comment