Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Air Conditioning and French Walmart

Hey Everybody!!!! So life is good here in Pira'e. My new comp is Elder Jessop from Fielding, Utah. He's so awesome! So this week was pretty much just me getting used to city life. We are pretty much in the equivalent of downtown Phoenix. We are just outside of Papeete. There are so many cars and so many buildings. We live next door to the French version of Walmart. Its pretty much the same thing and everything is so cheap!!! I love it! There's also a Mcdonalds in our sector! But a big mac is like 10 bucks. The house is awesome too. IT has air conditioning! I sleep with a blanket again!! 

So we had some pretty cool lessons. We taught a couple named Dorinella and Thierry. They have a son who's on a mission that I actually knew at the MTC. They were super nice. They are going to pray this week to find out if they should get married. I'm really excited. 

Last night we had a giant missionary concert. We went to the town hall in Papeete and sang. All the missionaries on the island of Tahiti came. It was awesome to see some of my good friends who I haven't seen in awhile. The concert was cool too. There was a not too bad of a turnout. There will be one once a week until the middle of August. We are going to visit each stake. 

I don't really have a deep spiritual thought for this week. I'm just glad to be serving the Lord and I love working and doing missionary work. I love you all!!! Have a good week!!

Ma to'u here,
Orometua Porter

My last day on Rangiroa. Me, my comp Elder Polumbo, and his new comp. We're at the Rangiroa airport getting ready to fly back to Tahiti.

Aerial view of my new area and that little icon is where my new ward is. It's the Pira'e 1st ward.

Another view of my area, while riding my bike. That's the back of Elder Jessop's head.

Missionary concert on the steps of the Papeete town hall.
View from my zone leaders house. 







No comments:

Post a Comment