Monday, July 27, 2015

Spiritually Sensitized

Hey everyone! 

This won't be a big email. We're super busy and we've got to go soon. 

We didn't have a lot of lessons this week but it was still a really good week. Elder Jessop is still recovering so It was me and Elder Garbutt for a lot of the lessons. We tried to get a lot of members involved which turned out really cool. We invited one member who's never come with us before and after the lesson he was super pumped. He talked about it at church and how it really motivated him and how his faith was strengthened. It was amazing to see how how the Spirit works in Missionary work. 

I read a lot this week in the Old Testament. It's crazy to see how disobedient the Jews were. They were shown so many signs and wonders and yet they just couldn't believe. Its kind of like a talk an apostle gave. We grow spiritually desensitized and its hard to recognize the spirit when we feel it constantly. For example, the other day we were teaching a couple and they both started crying because they felt the spirit and felt so much peace, but I didn't feel it. I've grown accustomed to the spirit so its harder for me to recognize. I want to work on my abilities to feel the Spirit and to be affected more by it. I don't want to be spiritually desensitized. I want to be spiritually "sensitized"!!! 

I love you all!! Talk to you next week!

Elder Porter 

Me, visiting elder Gouttin. We got to visit him in the hospital last Monday. He has something wrong with his leg.
Me, Elder Paxman and my old comp Elder Warren at the Farepiti concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment