Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Last day in Rangiroa



Hey everyone! So This will be my last email from Rangiroa! I'm a little sad but I'm excited to go to Pirae. This week was slow for us lesson wise. There are a lot of people who have left on vacation. This week I got to say goodbye to all the members and the investigators. It was sad to say goodbye but also happy to see that through me, the Lord was able to bless a few people here. I'm very grateful for the chance I had to serve here. 

I was sad to hear that Elder Packer died. He was always my favorite to listen to. It was shocking to hear because all this week, I've been reading a book with just talks from Elder Packer. One thing he says more often than anything else is that 
"The ultimate end of all activity in the Church is to see a husband and his wife and their children happy at home, protected by the principles and laws of the gospel, sealed safely in the covenants of the everlasting priesthood." I love this quote because it simplifies everything. It explains why we do everything. I'm very grateful for my family and I'm grateful for a mission and the chance I have to make myself into someone who will be a good and worthy priesthood holder, husband,  and father.  i love you all and I hope you all have an amazing week! 
I have to go hop on a plane back to Tahiti now! Bye!

Love,
Elder Porter 

A pic of me and my "fancy" beach cruiser I've been using to get around. I'm pretty sure it's 8 different bikes pieced together to make one bike...
One last view....


No comments:

Post a Comment