Monday, October 12, 2015

20 years old!

Hey everyone! Hows it goin!! So this week was pretty cool. We worked really hard this week and we saw it all pay off. We have two investigators that are going to finally get baptized in 2 or 3 weeks. We also found a couple new investigators who are super interested in the gospel. 

We did a service project last week helping a non member family build a house. We spent most of the 4 hours tearing down the old roof and taking nails out of old wood boards. Elder Isabell definitely got a mysterious cut so we're hoping it doesn't get infected with tetanus. The project was really cool and we all got a pretty nice tan out of it. 

This weekend was also stake conference. We had a couple investigators come and they really felt the Spirit. The Moux couple, who are investigators,  were invited to eat with the stake president and also the area seventy who presided at the meeting. That was a very special experience for them. 

I had an experience the other day where I acted completely unlike myself. Most people who know me know that I'm sometimes shy and I don't really like accepting help from strangers or making someone go out of their to help me. However, the other day elder Isabell and I were walking to the hospital because Elder Isabell hadn't got his bike yet. A man drove up in a car and asked us if we were going far. The hospital is only like a 5 min walk so normally I would have said no,but thanks anyways, however,  something pushed me to accept the offer. We got in his car and we talked for bit. He was really nice and we exchanged numbers so I'm hoping it turns out to be a cool reference. And an example for me to always follow the promptings of the spirit, even if it takes me out of my comfort zone.

Anyways, I'm turning 20 this Saturday which seems crazy to me (and my mom)! Time has gone by so fast. I will no longer be in my teens!!  I'm very grateful for the chance I have to serve here in Tahiti. Its been an awesome first year and I hope the second is even better. I love you all!!! have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Porter

Pictures:
1. View at Venus Beach (right outside our zone)
2. This is Elder Bonet...a zone leader of Mahina...and one of my favorite elders here...with a very old lighthouse in the background
3. Me and Elder Isabell chilling on pday...

4. We were at a members house and he had this training mask so we all tried it on...it makes me look like Bane!!





No comments:

Post a Comment