Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Conference

Hey everybody! So this week was awesome. I have a son! His name is Elder Isabell and he's from Arkansas. He's brand new. I get to be his first companion. He's awesome. This week was slow, lesson wise, due to the area being split, getting a brand new elder, and conference. We had two investigators finish reading the Book of Mormon. It's crazy. They understand it so well. 

I highly enjoyed General Conference! It was awesome. Of course I loved Elder Hollands talk about mothers. That talk made just about every Elder cry. To my mom I'd like to say....
you are the best mother ever. I love you so much! You are the best example for me and I always want to make you proud!
I also liked the talk by Larry R Lawrence about "What lack I yet?". That talk really touched me. I also liked the invitation to Ponderize. I think this is such a cool idea. Me and my parents and the rest of my family are going to start doing this. They already chose their scripture verses for the week.

My investigators that were suppose to get baptized on Friday couldn't, due to administrative issues. It was hard and sad, but it'll all work out I'm sure.

I don't have too much to say but just know that I love you all and I'm grateful for all the support and prayers I receive. Have a good week!!!

I didn't have access to a computer today. I'm using someone's phone to email right now so I can't send any pics. 

Love,
Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment