Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Birthday party and interviews

I don't have a lot of time because Elder Isabell and my zone are taking a ferry over to the island of Moorea today for P-day, but I'll give a quick rundown of the week.



Tuesday: we had zone conference with Elder Haleck of the seventy. I also got to have a personal interview with him. It was great.
Wednesday: We had a lot of lessons and there was a big FHE that night and we found a lot of new investigators.
Thursday: We worked really hard, so hard in fact that Elder Isabell got sick.
Also a miracle happened in our lesson with the Moux family. The father did a trust fall  exercise, with my old comp Elder Heno,  and when he did he felt as if someone held him as he fell, he said he floated down and he felt the spirit very strongly.
Friday was cool: Elder Isabell was bed ridden so Elder Heno and I did a split. Then we had movie night at the chapel where we watched "Meet the Mormons".
Saturday: I turned 20 years old! There was a big sporting activity that we couldnt go to. I was pretty much home the entire day. Then the other elders bought me a super good cake for my birthday (after they had trapped me in my room and slapped shaving cream on my face and chest), good times. After the cake we went to a bday party for me, thrown by our two investigators, Taaroa and Bertie. There were balloons and everything. I got the biggest flower necklace I've ever seen. Then we ate really good food, they sang, and I blew out the candles on another birthday cake. Then they gave me a tahitian skirt and a candle for presents. It was awesome!!!!

That's about it. I love you all. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Porter


Me and Elder Heno at my bday party!

Me and our investigator, Bertie.


No comments:

Post a Comment