Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Papa Noel qui danse...

NCordial Salutations from Faaripo Toute la Monde! Well this week has been fun and interesting.  So where to begin.  I'm going to start with Christmas Eve! We had a giant party with all the missionaries from Tahiti and Moorea. ( One of the prettiest sights in Tahiti is the distant mountains of Moorea. It looks really cool! However the mountains of moorea should not be confused with the Mines of Moria!) Anyway we had a giant party and each zone had to perform a christmas sketch. So our zone sang the twelve days of christmas. Unfortunately, I was given the first day. My line to sing was "a papa noel qui danse" which means a santa clause that dances! So in front of over a 100 missionaries (and the mission president) I had to sing by myself and dance...12 Dang times...dressed as santa clause! Needless to say I am now known as "Papa noel" to the entire mission! I have talked to President Bize three times since the party, and every time he talks about my dancing abilities! So thats cool!

 We didn't have a whole lot of lessons this week because of Christmas. But we did have a baptism on Saturday. Her name is Maite, she is extremly nice and has been patient with me as I have tried to teach her in French. The baptism was awesome, and the spirit was super strong as she bore her testimony after the baptism. It was amazing.

 I have one last story. So Saturday nightsunday morning, I woke up and puked my face off..Serveral times. It was alot of fun! However, I woke up sunday morning and felt good enough to go to church. We had the confirmation for Maite, so I really wanted to go. So, I get up to stand in the circle for the confirmation, and halfway during the blessing, I felt a disturbance in the force and I realized that I was going to puke, and nothing was going to stop that. So, like a boss, I handled the situation beautifully. I pulled my hand out of the middle of the pile, grabbed the arm of the bro next to me, placed it on the shoulder of the brother next to me, and ran out of the chapel and puked my face off....again.  I will admit.... I pooped my pants a little bit also! What a fun day!
 So I officially have Chikungunya!
I puked 8 times yesterday, but today I feel Tony the Tiger grreeeeat! For those of you who have never heard of Chikungunya, it's a mosquito born virus that's going around. A lot of the missionaries have been really sick with it. I thought I'd escape it because the mosquitoes don't seem to bite me as much as other people, but I was wrong.

 So that's about all that has happened! I love you all! Thanks for all the support and love! Talk to you all next week!

Elder Cole Porter

I just found this video on President and Sister Bize facebook page. It's Cole (as "papa Noel") and the other sisters/elders in his mission.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=809259969135391             



Mountains of Moorea




No comments:

Post a Comment